Promoters may use the ring brand of their choice
however the ring must meet the following regulations.
- FLOOR SIZES
- Not less than 17' square within the ropes. 18" outside the
ropes to the edge of the ring.
- In some cases, smaller rings will be allowed, "UPON PRIOR EVENT
APPROVAL BY IKF".
- The Ring Floor must be a minimum of 30" Above the Arena Floor and no
more than 48" Above the Arena Floor.
- Ringside tables must be no higher than ring floor level and no ringside
tables will be permitted next to floor mounted rings.
- RING ACCESS
- The ring shall have suitable steps for use of the fighters.
- Promoter must have a MINIMUM of TWO Staircases up into the ring.
- One in the Red Corner and one in the Blue Corner.
- A Third Staircase works best for access of ring announcer, ring girls and
- Ring must be well lighted with NO SHADOWS cast from any lighting.
- The ring shall have BRIGHT LIGHTS that light up all 4 corners and
the middle of the ring EQUALLY.
- IKF Representative and IKF Referee(s) shall check the ring lighting prior
to the event.
- Ring mat must be TIGHT.
- There must not be ANY holes, dips or gaps in the ring padding under the
- NO LIGHTS shall shine into the eyes of ANY Fighter or Judge.
- All lights must ONLY shine DOWNWARD.
- Lights may not shine at any angle directly into the fighting ring area that
may blind the fighters vision.
- CORNER SUPPORT POSTS
- Ring post shall be of metal.
- May not be more than 4" in diameter.
- Shall extend from the floor of the arena area to a maximum height of 58"
above the ring floor.
- Shall have the top turnbuckles padded with turnbuckle covers that meet
- FLOOR PADDING
- Floor of ring from outside edge of platform to outside edge of platform on
all 4 sides shall have padding meeting the approval of the
IKF and meet the requirements of the local
State Athletic Commission or of a thickness of not less than 1 inch. Material:
- FLOOR COVER
- The cover of the ring must be CANVAS or VINAL
- RING ROPES
- No less than 4 (FOUR) ropes.
- Not less than 1" in diameter.
- Bottom rope: 18" above the ring floor MAX.
- Top rope: 52" above the ring floor MAX.
- The bottom rope must be padded with a padding of a thickness not less than
- Soft rope ties shall connect all ropes approximately every 6' apart.
- All ropes shall be tight.
- Shall be approved by the
IKF Event Representative and
IKF Referee prior to the event.
- CORNER CUSHIONS
- All corners must be padded for fighters protection with
IKF approved cushions.
- RING ADVERTISING SPACE ANY AND ALL
- Due to some past events that have had "RUDE"
Advertisments on the corner cushions, "ALL"
Advertising displayed on the ring must have WRITTEN approval of the
- Promoters are required to inform the
IKF of any and all RING Advertising a minimum of 7 days PRIOR to their event.
- STOOLS & BUCKETS
- Promoter shall provide 2 stools for each corner.
- Due to past THEFT, ALL CORNERMEN are required to provide their own Spit
Bucket, NOT the Promoter.
- Prior to the initiation of any match, the IKF
Event Referee & Representative shall inspect the Ringa for safety and the
IKF Promoter shall be required to make
whatever changes to such area as are necessary in the judgment of the IKF Event Referee & Representative.